John came to the boat Sunday and we managed to complete the installation of the exhaust system. Nobby made a new gasket for the exhaust manifold which is all that was needed to put the whole lot together. I rebuilt and reinstalled the cockpit instrument panel with new gauges for water temp and oil pressure. I also changed the ‘senders’ on the engine itself.
It only remains to mount the alternator, needed because the same belt runs the water circulating pump and I think we will be able to run the engine for the first time in the boat. Big day!
Shot of instrument panel before mounting:
The water-cooled elbow in the exhaust system:
Looking good. I hope that you meant oil, not old pressure.
Have a great holiday.
Good Catch Betty Lou! Fixed it. Have a great holiday as well. Fair winds, Eric